Art & Photography Projects
Inclusive Community Programs
CIDA’s Very Special Art Festival is open to all visual artists under the age of 26, from novices to professionals. The aim of the festival is to foster inclusion opportunities for children and young adults with disabilities through creative art activities and to promote diversity and acceptance within the community. The Very Special Art Festival is held every year in Fall. Call 718-224-8197 for more information.
The Tree of Possibilities
Annual Art Festival
Very Special Art Festival is open to all visual artists (age under 30) from novices to professional artists. The aim of the festival is to foster inclusion opportunities for children and young adults with disabilities through creative art activities and to promote diversity and acceptance within the Queens communities. Join us and enjoy exciting art activities in a positive environment! Our annual Very Special Art Festival is co-hosted by the Department of Education at St. John’s University. The festival included a creative art contest, music performance, and various fun activities.
- Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018
- Time: 11:00pm – 3:00 pm
- Place: D’Angelo Center at St. John’s University, Queens Campus
- Entrance: Closest entrance is Gate 6 located at 81-98 170th St, Jamaica, NY 11432 (GPS Address)
- Participants: Children and young adults between the ages of 5 – 30 years
- Art Contest, music performance, games & crafts, and more.
- Things to bring: Your own lunch and art materials (paper and board will be provided by the organizer)
- All contestants will receive participation medals and gift bags.
- Award winners will be announced on October 26 through www.cidainfo.com
- (Time and date of award ceremony will be announced later)
- The registration link is located below. For more information, call 718-224-8197.
We proudly announce these artists with endless POSSIBILITIES
Very Special Art Award
Very Special Artist Award
Juhee Julia Lee
Circle of Family Award
Special thanks to
Korean-New York Artist Association
Mi Kyoung Yun, President of Korean-New York Artist Association
Dongin Yun, Judging Committee Chair
Hyo Bin Kwan, Kate Oh Trabulsi, Sun Sook Kim, Hwa Soo Hwang & Kyung Tae Min