Parent & Family Training
CIDA is determined to increase the capacity of individuals, families, and professionals by expanding their knowledge and skills through a series of workshop and training programs.
Each month, our in-house staff and experts provide an activity-based workshop:
1) Federal education and disability-related laws
2) Parental Procedural Safeguards and IEP/IFSP decision-making processes
3) Children’s development, disabilities, and educational options
4) Evidence-based practices and Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
5) Transition resources for youths and young adults with disabilities
We offer in-person and online workshops for a variety of topics in education, special education, healthcare, mental health, youth self-advocacy, and more. Workshop information is announced via our monthly newsletter and event calendar.