Very Special Art Festival is open to all visual artists (age under 30) from novices to professional artists. The aim of the festival is to foster inclusion opportunities for children and young adults with disabilities through creative art activities and to promote diversity and acceptance within the Queens communities. Join us and enjoy exciting art activities in a positive environment! Our annual Very Special Art Festival is co-hosted by the Department of Education at St. John’s University.
The festival includes many wonderful programs such as, an Art Contest, a dance competition, a very special bell performance from The Korean Church of Queens, games & crafts, and more!
- Date: Saturday, September 21, 2019
- Time: 11:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Place: D’Angelo Center at St. John’s University, Queens Campus
- Entrance: Closest entrance is Gate 6 located at 81-98 170th St, Jamaica, NY 11432 (GPS Address)
- Participants: Children and young adults between the ages of 5 – 30 years
- Things to bring: Your own lunch and art materials (paper and board will be provided by the organizer)
All contestants will receive participation medals and gift bags.
- Award winners will be announced on September 28 through www.cidainfo.com.
- Our 1st place winner will receive a $500 scholarship prize!
- (Time and date of award ceremony will be announced later)
- The registration link is located below. Deadline is Friday, September 13.
Register here: https://forms.gle/Z4goCBEeK1fu1gtX7
- For more information, call 718-224-8197 (ext. 1).