2022 October News
Gov. Hochul signs NYC Class Size Bill into law.
Backed by the NYC Teachers Union and many supporters, The Class Size Bill passed the New York State Legislature in June and was signed by Governor Hochul on September 8th. Beginning this fall, New York City public schools will gradually reduce the number of students per class over a five-year period. Classes from Kindergarten to Grade 3 will have a maximum of 20 students, Grades 4 to 8 will have a maximum of 23 students, and High Schoolers will have a maximum of 25 students or less per class by 2028. Learn more
New York City public school security personnel 850 additional deployment.
On September 7th, New York Mayor Adams and Chancellor Banks announced that they would hire 850 more safety officers for New York City public schools in the school year 2022-2023. In addition, the principals of each school will receive active shooter training and will establish a system to deliver information faster in case of an emergency. Learn More
New York City Public Schools Replacing Snow Days with Remote Instruction.
The New York City Department of Education officially announced on September 6th that snow days will be replaced by remote instruction. This instruction counts toward the number of mandatory school days (180 days per year) in New York State. Learn More
All artworks are exhibited on our online gallery https://www.veryspecialart.com/
Learn more about Sajid Via Our Team Page.
As we recover from the COVID-19 epidemic, all events are now online. Please check our event calendar for event details and registration information.
- 2022 Gala & Art Exhibition October 21st
- Events located at 555 Leonard Palazzo, Great Neck, NY 11021
- Art Exhibition: Open to public 12PM – 5PM
- Gala: Exclusive to ticket holders, Reception begins at 6PM
- Gala tickets available for purchase: here
- Honoring Violinist Richard Yongiae O’Niell, The Korean American Community Foundation and The Korean New York Artists Association
- Transition from CPSE to CSE (Turning 5)
- October 28, Friday 12PM via Zoom
- This session will provide the information and resources for preschool students with disabilities to prepare for Kindergarten.
- Register here
- Updated COVID-19 booster shot, available for ages 12 and older
- An updated COVID-19 booster shot was recently approved and now available for the people who are 12 years old and older. This booster shot is created to prevent infection with the recent Omicron variant in NYC. Learn More
- DOE District 75 Offers a Free Adult English Program.
- Various locations and times are available for the new immigrant families. Please email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KCS Offers in-person English Classes for Adults:
- Starting October: Please contact the following telephone number for the locations and times. 718-939-6137